Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Responsibility

Last night Kaden and his daddy built a house out of his lincoln logs. They had the best time and Kaden wanted to keep it built so he could play with the house again tomorrow, Corey and I said yes and this morning he was playing with it while trying to get ready for school. Part of the house fell apart and I told Kaden we can just build it again this afternoon when you come home from school, but for now I think we should put them away. Kaden in return said "Ok Mom". I started to pick them up because if Kaden had picked them up they would be running late. Kaden looked at me and said "I will help you mom it is my responsibility to clean them up...they are my toys". Now Kaden is ok about picking up his toys some days are definitely better then other, but this was a really cool moment.

4 comments:

Ken and Carol said...

I am sooo proud of him and both of you for raising him to know that he needs to take responsibility. :)

Monica said...

Wow! That's so awesome! Give you a great feeling, huh? :)

nfling said...

Totally, I loved it...I even rewarded him for taking initiative and telling me he needed to pick up...I gave him a jelly bean HAHAHA how bad am I....You think it will back fire LOL

nfling said...

Totally, I loved it...I even rewarded him for taking initiative and telling me he needed to pick up...I gave him a jelly bean HAHAHA how bad am I....You think it will back fire LOL