Saturday, April 4, 2009

3 Times a Charm...Not so much

Last night we went out to dinner because mom is on a mini strike, hahaha. Our friend Auntie Monica was over and we all met at P.F. Changs. We arrived at almost 6:15pm and gab was waiting for us. As I go to park this nice gentleman tapped on my window and told me that back tire was really low. We decided that we would take it and get air in it after dinner. We put our names in and then we waited an hour...UGH and we had to move inside to wait because people outside started to smoke. I can not stand it when people fill the urge to stand next to 4 adults and 2 kids and one being a baby carrier. I just want to ask them "what are you thinking"? We moved inside and they seated us with in 20 minutes or so. We had a lovely meal and headed outside to drive home and put the kids to bed and watch a movie. Boy were we wrong. Corey thought that the tire was too low to drive so he was going to change it. I drove it to the back parking lot so we had enough room to change the tire. Corey gets one lug nut off and the other 3 aren't budging. Oh man, now what. He soon realized he was stripping the wheel stud and needed to stop. Monica and her mother were so sweet in offering their AAA for us to use. Monica's mom met us in the back parking lot in Fashion Valley mall and we called the AAA guys to come help. We all decided it was best to have Gab take the kids home and put them to bed it was 9:15pm at the time. 10 minutes passed and it dawned on us what happens if this guy has to tow us??? We all won't fit in the two extra seats of his truck. The tow truck man showed up 25 minutes later and started working on the car. He broke one the lug nuts off. We decided to drive very slowly the car 1/4 mile (in the same mall) to Firestone. The tow truck guy filled up the tire before we left. We then realized we have no way home. Man was this the night of thinking things through. Then I had to do the unthinkable. I had to call Gab and have her get both kids out of bed and come back and get us. UGGHHHH .... Suck. I called Gab and thank goodness it took her so long to get to out house and to find parking she hadn't gotten the boys out. She came and picked Monica and I up and there wasn't enough room for all of us. We all drove home. Gab and Monica were going to put the boys down and I was going to drive back and get Corey. 3 times to the mall, not so much fun. Picked him up and drove back home. YIIPPPPPEEE BED TIME!

No comments: