Kaleb is trying to help him feel better by checking on him and sitting with him....They were watching Tom and Jerry.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
2 Hours of School = 2 Stitches
It began as a normal day. Corey dropped Kaden off at school and Kaleb just woke up. I started to feed him breakfast when I heard a ring on my cell phone. When I answered it I realized it was Kaden's school. The lady on the other line went on to tell me that Kaden had bumped into somebody and he split his lip open. She said it wasn't that bad but he wasn't feeling well and asked if I could come get him. I told her I would be right there....I grabbed Kaleb from the high chair and ran out the door. When I walked into the office I was greeted by the nurse and the office ladies. They led me to Kaden and their faces were full of sorrow. It made me completely more anxious than I already was. I saw him sitting in a tiny chair and he was holding ice up to his lip. He looked over to me and I asked him if he was alright....he said yeah and when he removed the ice from his mouth I just about died inside. The nurse said that he has been such a brave boy. He has just been so good. His lip was completely swollen. He lifted his head to show me the damage and all I wanted to do is cry. My poor lil guy. He just looked at me and said "I'm ok mom". We left to head to his classroom and grab his backpack and to say by to Mr. Lerma. When we got to his classroom Mr. Lerma came to greet us and he was telling me what happened and I swear he was getting tears in his eyes. You could tell he felt bad for poor Kaden. I asked if it was a fight and thing were escalating and he assured me that it was just an accident. The boys and I headed home to call the doctor and they told us to go to the ICS (which is like an ER but for it is there for things like stitches and sprains and stuff like that). The doctor determined that he needed stitches and I had to hold him down. Everything went great and he screamed for the shot to numb him but after that he just laid there and didn't even say a word. He was such a trooper. I'm so proud of him. The doctor said we were free to go and told us some things to be careful of, but that he should be fine. We need to make an appointment for Monday to get his stitches out. I kept thinking to myself this is practically a right of passage for boys. I'm just so glad it is almost over. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Thanks for the blog & the pic of the stitches. Boy is he a trooper like you said in the story. It is so precious to see Kaleb trying to comfort his brother by being there with him. You are sooooo blessed with two of the best boys in the world. I pray that they will always keep this close brotherly bond.
I know...I love to see if one is upset how the other tries to help. It is so sweet and I pray that it just continues to get stronger over the years. They are the best boys in the world. I just love them so much. =)
I love the new pics you added. The one with both boys in the bed is adorable. Love the shoes too!!
Post a Comment