Tuesday, November 4, 2008
What a Shame
I had a little quick note. I was at Costco today and this guy came up to me and asked me how old Kaleb was. He had actually asked a bunch of questions like, “how big was he when he was born?” and “does he sleep well?”. And the normal questions you get with little babies while you are out around town (well, and having the cutest little baby boy too). The guy even touched Kaleb’s hand. I was just taken back to the point that I started to sweat and get nervous. I was so out of my comfort zone. I couldn't understand why I was so uncomfortable with this guy asking simple question about my little baby and then it came to me…it isn't normal. Most of the time you hear these kinds of questions coming from a woman, not man. How sad is it that we just assume that when men are interested in our kids it is creepy and always a bad thing. You feel like they are only nice to your kids because they have something up their sleeves. I hate how the world has hardened me. I know in the end we need to protect our kids from all the scary people out there but we also need to show them that there are nice people out there too. We need to teach our kids that God made good in people and we just need to find it. Sometimes it is just as simple as answering some simple questions. I love that God shows us the good in the little things, especially when you need it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment