Today might have been one of the longest days. It started at a 6 o'clock wake up because we had to get the kids ready for an early breakfast date with Leslie (major funny woman...Love her), a coworker of Corey's at PLNU. She works remotely from Ohio and so she is out on a business trip. We had a delightful/creative commentary from Kaden breakfast. It was great...the waitress came over to take our drink order and Kaden tips over his coffee cup and said "Please". After she brought our drinks and began to order Corey ordered pancakes, Leslie ordered French toast with scrumptious strawberries; I ordered the same but with eggs, bacon and sausage (for Kaden). Our food came minutes later and we were all sitting around the table chatting and I was putting part of our food onto Kaden's plate. I put the eggs, bacon, a piece of French toast and Corey put part of a pancake (by now Kadens plate was overflowing with breakfast food). I love the fact that a 4 year old has more food than a grown construction worker could eat, and is still asking for more. Kaden was asking me for a "hotdog" (the sausage), and I told him that "I didn't think that he would like it", he said "I do I do like hotdogs, I will like it". So I passed one over and sure enough he did, color me surprised. Later on after we had all finished our breakfast and we were just chillin' when and Kaden was playing with his tiny bear (he was laying the bear on his back and putting a glass over the belly and when he pulled the glass off it made the bear have a pot belly so Kaden said "Look my bear is having a baby, fix it". I then replied "honey the bear isn’t having a baby and you can't fix it" My crazy kid.
On our way home I had decided this morning would be a great morning to call Kaden's preschool next year so we could tour it. I called Corey and he sent me the numbers. Kaden and I got tired of waiting and so Kaden said "Mommy lets go get some coffee...We need Coffee". I laughed and said "no we are just going to wait for daddy to call us back" Kaden replied "No mommy we need Coffee". So we went to Starbucks...Like he really needed to twist my arm.
It is about 12 and we were headed up to Lyn, Ethan and Jacobs’s house

. Kaleb had cried the whole way and Kaden just kept saying "mom he is killing me, he hurting my ears". Oh my poor boys. We get up to the house and Ethan and Jacob just love to hold Kaleb (it is the sweetest thing ever). All Ethan wanted to do is feed Kaleb.
The kids began to play and Ethan and Kaden were outside (Jacob was taking a nap). Ethan came in the house while his mom was on the phone and asked to play with the water. She told him no and he just kept asking over and over again. She said he could put a little water on the shovel. Ethan ran outside and grab the hose and started putting water on the shovel (that Kaden was holding) and proceeded to squirt Kaden up

and down (it wasn't too bad). Poor Lyn ran outside and got the hose away from Ethan. The whole time Kaleb slept on the counter calm as can be. It is amazing what this kid can sleep through. To say the least, it was an event filled afternoon with the Anderson's when he got ready to head home.
Finally after a 35-40 min car ride home, both boys were asleep - Hip hip hooray. It was so peaceful - I could have fallen asleep (almost did a minute or two (wait I'm

home how did that happen). We got home and I woke the kids up....Can I just say I'm loving that pic. We get upstairs and Kaden ran outside to find his honey. I gotta tell you what is up with the honey.
Corey came home and the first thing Kaden said was "Dad come get me the honey" Corey said "what honey", Kaden replied as he is running outside "I will show ya". He grabs a bee comes back inside and said "SQUEEZE it Dad", Corey said "squeeze what?" (mind you Corey is trying to cook dinner so he really isn't paying attention - you know guys and their waffle brains...only one thing at a time). So Kaden starts to tell his daddy "I want some honey, squeeze this bee". Corey yelled "KADEN drop the bee you will get stung, even if it is dead". Man a lotta ruckus over a lil bee.
And then I was off to Bible Study...what a day.
2 comments:
The pics are great, and you have to love the way a kids mind works. Squeeze a bee to get the honey... smart kiddo you have.
The pics are soooo cute! So we are going to have to squeeze a lot of bees for our oatmeal when we come down. HEE HEE!
Post a Comment