We were all (Gab, Kaden, Kaleb, Corey and I) eating dinner and Kaden was having a really hard time eating his rice. He didn't want it and he really wouldn't eat anything else, he was just so upset about the rice. This reminded me we were watching a special on the Dugger family( they went to El Salvador). We watched it last night and I really wanted Kaden to understand that there are all different kinds of people and they live all around the world, and some people don't have a lot of money and they don't hardly have any food. So when today's meal came up and he didn't want to eat I reminded him how people would love to have this food and how God has blessed us.
Kaden said "why don't their mommy or daddy go and buy them food"?
Mom said " They try and sometimes they don't have the money... sometimes it is really hard and they go with out food and water. God has really blessed us with the things we have. We need to appreciate everything God gives us and say thank you to him".
We went on explaining how blessed we are and that we are able to have food everyday and they might only get one meal a day. Kaden then looked up at me and asked if we could pray for them and I in return said yes. So we all bowed our heads and he said the most special prayer, I seriously teared up...
Kaden's Prayer:
Dear Jesus, thank you for all the people that don't have food...please be with them, be with them and give them food. Amen
Jesus I love you please give them food and water. Give them money so the have food and they can go to shops. Please make them healthy and don't waste their food help them to eat all of it...Thank you Jesus. the Lord is nice to you. Amen
I really couldn't believe this kid. It was so sincere and so sweet. I'm such a proud mommy, everything that we go through with our kids the tough times, the long hours the days they just wont listen, no matter the situation moments like that make is all worth it. I Love being a mom. =)
2 comments:
This sure makes this gramma & mom proud of her children. I pray everyday that my grandchildren will come to know Jesus as their personal Savior. This prayer of Kaden's shows how me that God is working in his life & that you are living your faith out for him to see. Praise God! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful story.
Wasn't it so sweet...I just loved it. I also wanted to let you know that I have emailed all the people and I will get back to you as soon as they get back to me. (about the graduation and dedication. LOVE YOU
Post a Comment