Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Clarity


You know when your kid(s) do something or say something that at the time seems kinda outta of the blue or just a little bit random? WELL I had that moment with Kaden while driving him to school today. It all started yesterday...Kaden asked us "When can I start to date?". I immediately said, "In about 10 years" and Corey tells him "no not in 10 years, when you are my age." So Kaden then asks "Well dad how old are you???". Corey tells him that he is 28 and Kaden says "Wow Dad that is a lot of numbers."

So today I was taking Kaden to school and we were just talking about the fog and why it is there and just stuff like that when Kaden says "Well mom you know my girlfriend, Do you think that is funny mom?" I said "well kind of, what is her name?" Kaden replied "Tianna, mom...dad said I can start dating when I am his age. Now I know that is a lot of numbers but she is going to be my girlfriend". I then asked him "I thought you were going to marry Alana?" Kaden said "Well I think I really want to start dating first". I told him that was ok and he could do that if he wanted. Kaden said "you think that is funny mom?" I said "I think it is kinda cute Kaden." On the way home I just could not get over the fact that my little boy is growing up and he already likes girls. Man, the cootie phase didn't last very long. Just think...I get to go through this again in about 3.5 year with Kaleb. I sure love my boys =]

No comments: