Well this school year is rapidly coming to a close. Where has the time gone? I mean really where has it gone, can anyone tell me? I have an almost 10 year old an almost 6 year old and an almost 4 year old. I guess life flies when you are having fun.
Well these boys started the school year at a new school to all of us. Kaden has been begging us to switch school for a while now and Kaleb got into Transitional Kindergarten (PreK). Kaleb excelled in his class. He did excellent and hopefully it will help him excel in kindergarten next year. I feel like this was a great step for my sweet grumpy boy.
Kaden did well too. We found a lot of things out about Kaden this year. He is very smart (we knew this already, just not the extent of it). Kaden got top ranking at his other school for his star testing. We also found out that Kaden does well at not doing his best unless he understands it is necessary. Sad thing is he hardly thinks it is necessary. He blew it up on his mission project. He got 100% on all three categories. He had the best speech presentation in the class. I was totally impressed. Finally we learned that if he is told that something is not going to count for anything he will not take it seriously, he will not try. Star testing this year was changed. Two first major change was that it was created for the kids to take the test on the computer...I mean the kids have been around electronics their entire lives, why not switch all the test to be taken on computers? The second thing is they made the test immensely harder. Five teachers at the boys' new school took the test and failed...UGH, should I be worried that the teachers are teaching my kids and can't pass the 4th grade star test or should I be worried that the expectation put on my kid to pass this insanely hard test is ridiculous? I guess it's a draw. I guess I should get to the good part the part where I brought up the fact that when he realizes that things don't count he doesn't try. Kaden took his star test in 2 minutes this year, needless to say he failed it.
Kaden and Kaleb are finishing this school year with a ton of great activities. They had Backwards Day today. Tomorrow in PJ day. The whole week is full of fun stuff. I just can't believe they are almost done. My crazy boys. We have a whole summer of fun to look forward to. Can't wait. =)


No comments:
Post a Comment