Sunday, March 15, 2009

ANTS...UGH

So my dad got Kaden an Ant Farm for Christmas. We sent away for the actual ants to Uncle Miltons Ant Farm in January. They say that it takes 3 to 6 week to arrive depending on the weather....I thought that was kinda funny considering Uncle Milton throws 25 ants a lil tube and a bag of food and poster of an ant up close and personal. I have got to wonder what weather has to do with it. Well they arrived Friday.

ANYWAYS when looking at the ant farm I thought oh man this is going to be crazy. A bunch of thoughts when through my head like...
What if they get out??
What if Milo gets a hold of it??
What if they all die with in days??
What if Kaden decided to free the little buggers??
What happens to them once they build their tunnels then what???
How long do they last???
I could go on and on, but I will just move on instead.
After having the ants for 3 whole days I am really coming around to it. Kaden is having SO much fun. He has to check on them in the morning and right before playing or eating. He checks on them 16 times a day. He loves that they are building tunnels and he is super careful handling them too. I can definitely admit to being wrong...except Milo knocked them over right before when got home (GOOD TIMING). Corey walked into the house first and stepped right over them (without seeing them I might add) and put Kaleb in his little seat on the table. I came in with Kaden and started freaking out. I started shouting "Oh my gosh Corey Kill Them". I know I'm a little dramatic. Corey started sweeping them and the sand up and we started putting them back in the little farm. Have you seen 18 MAD red ants before??? Funny, I have! They were so upset that they saw freedom and we swept it right up. At least they are safe and sound and now they are put up on a shelf that Milo can knock them over (we hope). It has been a great day.

2 comments:

Ken and Carol said...

I am so glad that Kaden is getting a bit of science at home with his new pet ants. Has he named any of them yet? HaHa! :)

Monica said...

I am cracking UP at this post. RED ANTS?! I would have the exact same fears about having an ant farm. I can totally picture your reaction when you found them when you got home!
Kaden was so cute talking about his ant farm today at church :)